Chocolate Mud cake
This is one of the best cakes I have ever made just writing about it makes my mouth water.
Ingredients for the Cake:
1 ½ cups Flour
200 gms Chopped Dark Chocolate
2 tsps Vanilla essence
1 cup Sugar
2 tsps Baking powder
1 cup Water
1 ¼ cups Butter
¾ cup Cocoa
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a 9 inch pan with butter and line it with some batter paper and grease it with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Boil the water in a saucepan, to this add the butter, sugar and dark Chocolate and continue boiling and stirring the mixture till the butter, sugar and the chocolate have melted and the mixture is smooth and well mixed.
3. Meanwhile sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together. After sifting add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix till it is well mixed and there are no lumps. Then wait for the mixture to cool down.
4. After the mixture cools down add the eggs and mix thoroughly and then add the vanilla essence.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and place it in the oven and bake it for about 45 minutes.
6. After 45 minutes take out the cake from the oven and pierce the cake with a knife to see if it is baked. If the cake is baked the knife will come out clean. If the knife comes out with batter sticking to it then place it back in the oven and bake till it is completely baked.
7. Then remove the cake and place on a cake rack and wait for it to cool down. After it has cooled down keep the cake in the refrigerator to chill.
8. After the cake has chilled pour the chocolate ganache over the cake. The recipe for the ganache follows below.
Ingredients for the Ganache:
¼ cup butter
200 gms Dark chocolate chopped
½ cup cream
1. Bring the cream and the butter to a boil in a sauce pan, remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate to the boiling cream and butter mixture.
2. Mix till the chocolate melts and there are no lumps and the ganache is a smooth mixture.
3. Pour half this mixture over the cake till the cake is completely covered with ganache. Smooth with a spatula till the cake is completely covered with chocolate.
4. Place the cake in the refrigerator and chill till the ganache hardens.
5. After the ganache hardens pour the rest of the ganache on the cake till it is complete covered by a smooth layer of ganache and refrigerate.
6. After the ganache hardens cut and serve.
Hope you enjoyed baking and eating it?