Penne with Tuna and Pesto
I normally have my pesto with chicken or bacon. When I made pesto recently I decided to try to make it with canned tuna. It was really good. I had it with some penne.
The recipe for penne with tuna and pesto is as follows:-
Water for boiling pasta
100 gms Penne
3 tbsp Pesto
170 gms (1 can) Tuna
8 cloves of Garlic
2 tbsp Olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the penne to a pan of boiling water, add some salt and continue boiling.
2. Boil the pasta for 15 minutes stirring regularly.
3. Drain the pasta after it is cooked.
4. Meanwhile peel and finely chop the onions and the garlic.
5. Heat a pan on a low flame and add the olive oil to the pan.
6. After the oil is heated up to this add the onions and the garlic and fry for 2 minutes, mixing regularly.
7. To this add the can of tuna and continue frying for 10 minutes mixing regularly.
8. After this add the pesto, salt and pepper and fry for 3 minutes mixing regularly.
9. Take the penne in a plate and cover it with the pesto.
10. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Hope you enjoy cooking and eating it?